preload
basicPlayer

Serious Request for Rebalancing

Comunio.co.uk Forum Index -> Ratings & Matchday Analysis

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2010 16:16   Post subject: Serious Request for Rebalancing Reply with quote

Hello guys.

I would like to demonstrate why the current use of ratings is not properly illustrating what is happening on the pitch.

As we all know, we currently have the system of everything above grade 5 gives points and everything under grade 5 gives negative points. Actually nothing wrong with that.

But when considering the Sun's rating, we must see that the Sun does not make the ratings like other media. The Sun has their own Manager Game and of course their own point system. They give points for everybody who got grade 7 or better. A star man gets additional points, a clean sheet for a keeper/defender more points etc.

This means that the Sun game does not depend so much on the lower part of the points scale.

>>What does that mean for the ratings?

The Sun easily gives a -2 for a substitute player. What do they want to say with a -2? They want to state that this player did not had much influence on the game (which is due to his short presence of course). So he gets grade 2 and is far away from getting extra points in their own game.

BUT: Of course the Sun does not care about our PL Manager.co.uk system. When they give a -2, OUR players get 8 NEGATIVE points. This reflects something like sabotage in my opinion.

The Sun ratings do not properly fit our system, because substitute players are more a risk to get minus points than a chance to get 2 points. So i would strongly recommend to either completely rebalance the game or simply change the source of ratings (other ratings just dont rate substitues instead of giving them a bad grade).

I tried to be neutral and not mention any happenings of last weekend. I was not concerned by any substitute issue.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 00:07   Post subject: Reply with quote

JAVIER HERNANDEZ gets -8 points for being brought to the match in the last minutes

KEVIN PHILLIPS the same with -6 points

The Sun is destroying our game because it seems like they have one reporter who gives low grades for substitutes. Please don't overlook that..

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 09:51   Post subject: rating screwed up Reply with quote

same these days with JENAS rating 2 (-6) and CORLUKA 2 (-6)
or HERNANDEZ rating 1 (-(8!!!)

This really screws up the game!! we need a change, that doen't make sense at all! is there any chance to block all ratings, given for the last 10 min or so?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 09:52   Post subject: Re: Serious Request for Rebalancing Reply with quote

sueha86 wrote:

BUT: Of course the Sun does not care about our PL Manager.co.uk system. When they give a -2, OUR players get 8 NEGATIVE points. This reflects something like sabotage in my opinion.

feel excact the same way!

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 11:42   Post subject: Reply with quote

About 2-3 months ago, I was the only one complaining about these crazy ratings from the sun.

I'm glad that now, I see more people..

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 15:08   Post subject: Reply with quote

havm't realized it...just expierenced myself, as my player denilson got a ratingf of 3, but was subed 89.min, but thought it was a mistake...

we need to do smth about it..!!mwhat about using ratings of sky sports?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 15:17   Post subject: hi Reply with quote

the ratings have been strange for the hole season so far ! what we need is a capable and objective guy who gives the ratings.. probably all the "journalists" from the sun are playing the game by themselfes and try to get as much points as possible..

i could give hundreds of examples which show that the ratings are completely contrived and do not reflect the actual performance of the players.

dj cambell scores two tap-in goals and apart from that does not participate in the game against sunderland. balotelli does pretty much the same, except that he scores 3 goals and gets just rated a 7

last game west brom lost 0:2 to bolton and got 5 players with grade 8, because the played so well. yesterday sunderland owned blackpool and could have scored 10 easily. but they all got bad grades... there it is just no equal ratio...

STAR MAN - DAVID VILLA (Man City)

nuff said

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 15:24   Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean, that is some other discussion, talkin about ratings in general. it's always discussable, but...

seriously, the negative ratings in the last minutes are the major problem.
probably the rating depends on 'Suns'S' own manager game, but for the PL Manager it is getting a gamble, hoping your player will subbed in time, befor getting bad ratings...it was this weekend hernandez, coluka, jenas etc...who is it going to be next week?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 21:50   Post subject: another ratings website? Reply with quote

i often go to uk.eurosport.yahoo.com to check on the stats and everything, they have critics and users ratings which might be a little more accurate than this bs sun rating.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 23:06   Post subject: Reply with quote

eurosport and skysports, I aggree too.

They appear reliable and objective..

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 23:27   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicharito: -8 points for playing two minutes....what will happens if he plays a whole match.... THIS IS SO CRAZY!!!
gsus77

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 23:46   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legbe wrote:
eurosport and skysports, I aggree too.

They appear reliable and objective..

Sky don't give permission to use his ratings, only "your ratings" (people ratings). This game used "your ratings" when came out and it was a joke!!!

Eurosport, i don't know if they'll give permission to use their "experts" ratings, they have a fantasy game...
Back to top View user's profile

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 00:18   Post subject: Reply with quote

skysports "your ratings" was horrible,
the sun is OK except the crazy ratings of players who play few minutes.
klausa
Administrator
Administrator 

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 02:02   Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your feedback! Please understand that we can't change the rules during the season but we will think about a new rule for substituted players after the season!
Back to top View user's profile

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 04:04   Post subject: Reply with quote

klausa wrote:
thanks for your feedback! Please understand that we can't change the rules during the season but we will think about a new rule for substituted players after the season!

big thanks to the admins for this!

maybe we can just ask the as.com to do PL too

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 05:20   Post subject: Reply with quote

klausa wrote:

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 09:50   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zu like it wrote:
skysports "your ratings" was horrible,
the sun is OK except the crazy ratings of players who play few minutes.

yes that's true these, these ratings are not reliable..

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 09:59   Post subject: Reply with quote

klausa wrote:

thank you
Page 1 of 1